MESSAGES FROM THE 5TH CLINICAL GOVERNANCE LECTURE SERIES ON 18 MAY, 2023
- 1st Lecturer: Professor Joseph Ana
Why we developed this home-grown Quality Health Care Initiative, with proof of concept.
** To address the multiple failings in the whole health sector and system in Nigeria (Cross River State as Case Study Pilot, and scaled to Bauchi State, Teaching Hospitals, and Private Hospitals)
Benefits of leveraging the 12-pillar clinical governance programme :
** Strengthening the Whole health sector and system, public and private to ‘protect patients, support practitioners in tandem’
2nd Lecturer: Dr C Ukpaka MBBS, MSc, MPH, MPA, FRCGP(lond) FoCG
Clinical Governance: Pillars on Infrastructure, Equipment, Utilities including Sanitation and Hygiene
- Infrastructure, Equipment, Utilities/ Waste Management, Sanitation/Infection Control are essential for any quality care outcome to be achieved!
- Structures / Big Houses without Equipment and Qualified personnel are white elephants, not Hospitals.
- Lack of Equipment / Poor Staff training lowers morale / lead to Brain Drain and medical tourism
- Clinical Governance involves duty of clinical and non-clinical workers
- Policy makers must understand Clinical Governance for the right priority setting in Healthcare.
Mark Your Diary for Next Edition :
Thursday, 15th June 2023